Saturday 9 May 2015

The Twitterartichallenge


Before I begin, I have to say thank you to the people nominating me for the challenge, including @DoWise, @clyn40, @HeadofEnglish and @MissLFrosty. I am humbled by their lovely comments and given the rules, sadly, I can't include you now.

The problem with anything like this is selecting and narrowing a list down to five. There are not just five people on Twitter I go to for thinking. More like five hundred. The whole thing about Twitter is that it is a melting pot of ideas. Each person aids my thinking.

1. Mark Miller @GoldfishBowlMM

I find myself often popping back to Mark's blog and I would say that he has helped me see vocabulary in a different way. As an English teacher, he sees things in a practical way and I love that. He looks at simple solutions which have a wide impact.

http://thegoldfishbowl.edublogs.org/

2. Jo Facer @jo_facer

I will be honest I want more female voices in English teacher blogging, and blogging in general. I love going to Jo's blog and discovering the books she cites or uses in lessons. She know her books. She is passionate about her subject and someone who regularly makes me think.

http://readingallthebooks.com/

3. Joe Kirby @Joe_Kirby

Joe has changed the way I plan and teach things. End of.

https://pragmaticreform.wordpress.com/

4. Andy Tharby @atharby

Andy goes for a really personal approach to teaching and I like the thinking that goes behind his teaching. I often read his blogs nodding my head and simply agreeing. Plus, I have shamelessly stolen his sentences for analysing texts.

https://reflectingenglish.wordpress.com/


5. Phil Stock @joeybagstock

I enjoy Phil's blog as it is so varied. One week it is about a lesson. The next it is about something wider in school. I notice how some blogs are often reactionary to current Twitter buzz and I like Phil's blog because it is him reflecting on things.

https://joeybagstock.wordpress.com/



I could have included so many other people, but I am limited by the number 5.

Thanks

Xris

P.S. Stuff it. I can't count. Those were the challengers and these people are my support....

@FranNantongwe
@clyn40
@HeadofEnglish
@Gwenelope
@englishlulu
@KerryPulleyn
@agwilliams9
@LearningSpy



#Twitteratichallenge Rules:
There are only 3 rules…
  • You cannot knowingly include someone you work with in real life.
  • You cannot list somebody that has already been named if you are already made aware of them being listed on #TwitteratiChallenge.
  • You will need to copy and paste the title of this blogpost and (the Rules and What To Do) information into your own blog post.
There are 5 to-dos you must use if you would like to nominate your own list of colleagues…
  • Within 7 days of being nominated by somebody else, you need to identify colleagues that you regularly go to for support and challenge. They have now been challenged and must act as participants of the #TwitteratiChallenge.
  • If you’ve been nominated, you must write your own #TwitteratiChallenge blog post within 7 days. If you do not have your own blog, try @StaffRm.
  • The educator nominated must record a video of themselves in continuous footage and announce their acceptance of the challenge, followed by a pouring of your (chosen) drink over a glass of ice.
  • Then, the drink is to be lifted with a ‘cheers’ before the participant nominates their five other educators to participate in the challenge.
  • The educator that is now (newly) nominated, has 7 days to compose their own #TwitteratiChallenge blog post and identify who their top-5 go-to educators are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I like your blog about English.

    I suppose that you are quite busy but it would be really awesome if you could spare a few minutes and have a look at our website which helps with learning languages: VocApp.com. I am really curious about your opinion:)

    Cheers,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.